Back to School with Taghrid
90 degrees, scorching sun, and a non-existent breeze at our backs. These conditions were nearly the exact opposite from our last BHM shoot with Late Afternoon in San Francisco.
But like Liz, our subject Taghrid Chaaban made the best of the conditions and posed like a champ. This sweetheart of a girl, and we do mean sweetheart, comes to us from the fashion blogging mecca of the world, Los Angeles. Some of
you may even recognize her from American Apparel ads. But as of late, this 22-year old Lebanese beauty has been contributing to Amercan Apparel as their photographer and stylist. With so much talent at such a young age, Taghrid
has also given back to the fashion world in the form of blogging. She has made a major impact in the fashon blog-o-sphere with no signs of slowing down. The ThreadSence team is excited to announce that we'll be working with
Taghrid in the upcoming months on a fashion collaboration of the minds and cannot wait to share it with all of you. More importantly, we're excited to introduce you to our friend, TAGHRID!
1. What inspired or motivated you to start your blog? I wanted a creative outlet to talk endlessly and shamelessly about fashion without boring my friends to death so I started a blog!
2. How did you decide on the format and style of your blog (i.e. Styling outfits and posing for the camera)? I wanted to show the clothes of a real girl rather than always talking about the latest runway show and the easiest way to illustrate that was showing what I wore. I also really loved the artistic parts of it where I find the locations and do mini editorials with my sister for each outfit.
3. Where do you currently reside? Where would you ideally like to reside? I currently live in Los Angeles, I love it here and don't see myself living anywhere else. But I would love to try living in NY for a year or two.
4. What is your must-have article of clothing or accessory right now? Anything floor-length. I've been practically living in these amazing vintage maxi dresses!
5. If you were stranded on an island and had only one fashion item to your liking, what would it be? It would probably be a nice loose knit sweater or cardigan. Good for layering over all the other crap I'd bring on the island with me. ;)
6. What are your favorite fashion and style blogs right now? I don't have a favorite really, my RSS feed reader is never-ending. But some I always enjoy are park&cube (http://www.parkandcube.com/), backyard bill (http://www.backyardbill.com), and knightcat ( http://www.knighttcat.com/).
7. What do you like to do when not blogging about fashion? I know I sound like whackjob weirdo but I love to work! When I'm not doing that, I love to take pictures, shop for unique vintage pieces, and watch lots of bad television.
8. If we were to dig through your cassette tapes.....err cds....crap, we meant iPod, what would we find? My playlists are pretty embarrassing and all over the place! I'm always jamming to a very strange mix of Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Stevie Nicks, ELO, Prince, Mariah Carey (everything before Glitter), Air, and Serge Gainsbourg.
9. All that blogging must take up a lot of energy. What is your favorite food to munch on in order to provide you with your Super Blogging Powers? I'm pretty partial to Lebanese food, my mom is a pretty good cook so it's ever so convenient. I also love mexican food. I just discovered the best tamales in LA and I've been back for more a couple times.
10. Favorite Designer: Sonia Rykiel never fails to impress me.
Check out Taghrid!